I am in all support of the many different ways for artists to get their name out and show the world just what they are made of. The question remains is technology not only making it easier for industry professionals to see who is new and hot but are they at the same time taking away from the authenticity of that first impression or encounter of an artist. Amongst the companies that are making their contribution to the way new talent and their music is being accessed is Music Mogal Inc, an internet based platform that allows artists to introduce them selves to the world through an online based competition. I must admit the forum is very innovative and eye catching. Rodney Jerkins, the company's CEO and founder, believes that his concept is on the cutting edge of the way the entertainment industry is moving in term of looking for new talent in the future. According to Jerkins you will no longer have to go into a record company or music executive's office for an interview or audition and suggest that you should stop pass his website before you do. It looks like a lot of fun! Maybe I will even give it a try. Needless to say Music Mogal is one more opportunity for artist to get a shot at their dreams or at least some free exposure. That is....In my opinion". Check out the link below and be sure to give your opinion. I would love to hear from you.
http://multivu.prnewswire.com/mnr/musicmogul/36840/
Great post, Keita. I was aware of what Mr. Jerkins was doing as far as giving artist an outlet to display their music, but I was not aware he had gone this far with it. Last summer when he first started the contest, some clients of mine created a song just for the purpose of showcasing their skills to Rodney. Needless to say they did not get too far with Mr Jerkins at that time, but the song itself has been making waves and the artist are now prepping to shoot a video for it. Once the video is finished, we will probably resubmit every thing to this new site and see what happens. Thanks for the new info
ReplyDelete